Length – for example:
- determining the dimensions/measurements of food packaging
- determining the length of the lines on a sporting field to find the cost of marking it.
Mass – for example:
- comparing and discussing the components of different food types for the components of packaged food expressed as grams.
Area and volume – for example:
- determining the area of the walls of a room for the purpose of painting
- finding the volume of water collected from a roof under different conditions
- finding the volume of various cereal boxes.