Who are students with disability?
It is important to consider that:
- many students with disability are able to achieve educational standards commensurate with their peers’
- not all students with a disability will require adjustments to the curriculum, instruction or environment
- not all students requiring adjustments to the curriculum, instruction or environment will have a disability
- students with disability requiring adjustments to one aspect of their learning may not require the same adjustment, if any, to another
- to comply with the Standards, consultation includes the student and parent as part of the process to personalise learning
- students with the same disability may not require equivalent adjustments
- not every student with a disability will require ongoing adjustments
- students with disability may also be gifted and talented and/or have English as an additional language or dialect
- to comply with the Standards, adjustment reviews occur regularly, and are changed or withdrawn where necessary.